Room Leader - Pre School
Room Leader - Pre School
Location: Regents Park, SO15 8NY
Salary Range: £22,048 - £22,880 (depending upon experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week (Between 7.30am and 6.30pm)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Qualifications required: Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
Benefits: Pension, 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays and 1 day off for birthday
- Lead the room and manage the staff team in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum to all children. Based in the nursery development plan and along with your team create, develop and implement a room development plan
- Ensure that all children attending the nursery setting are kept safe and receive the very highest standard of care, learning and play opportunities which are age and developmentally appropriate.
- Ensure all relevant statutory guidelines are met in line with the delivery of the EYFS and OFSTED registration.
- Ensure all legislation in relation to regulatory bodies, inclusion, safeguarding and health and safety is complied to and that Hopscotch’s policies and procedures are known, adhered to and implemented.
- Have an awareness of Child Protection, Safeguarding and being able to report any concerns, understanding the role of the DSL
- Lead the room and manage the staff team to implement the EYFS curriculum
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery regarding the environment for the children, the resources and experiences offered
- Lead planning for the EYFS and ensure that accurate development records, online learning journals and next steps are kept for each child
- Promote and develop strong partnership with parents, carers and family members
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion
- Work with the Nursery Manager and Childcare team to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Work with Area SENDCO’s, health professionals and relevant Local Authority Departments as requested by nursery management.
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date with developments in the childcare and education sector.
- Ensure the implementation of key person procedures within your room and be a key person carrying out all related roles ensuring parental partnership at all times.
- Adhering and understanding all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Lead the settling in sessions with the new parents, establishing positive relationships and supporting both the child and parents during these sessions.
- Ensure paperwork within the rooms is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and prospective parents.
- Support the Nursery Manager during inspections by regulatory bodies and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Lead team and support your team to fulfil their individual personal development plans.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures both statutory and company specific.
- Operate to the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout all aspects of the nursery.
- Carry out/ensure all daily risk assessments are completed and report any recommendations immediately.
- Work to implement development plans for the setting and rooms, ensuring continuous improvement in all standards and childcare practice.
- Act as a positive role model to staff in all areas of behaviour, personal presentation, work ethic, childcare knowledge and attitude.
- Support the Nursery Manager and management team in decision making processes and implementation of changes in organisational policies and procedures.
- Support and supervise room staff with their day to day duties.
- Support and mentor staff and students.
- Be responsible for participating in self development activities including ongoing training and appraisals.
- Attend regular staff meetings, planning meetings and parent evenings producing agenda’s and minutes where appropriate.
- Work alongside other Room Leaders in the implementation of the EYFS to ensure consistency across the nursery and company.
- Support the staff team to work alongside parents to ensure transitions are managed carefully and confidently ensuring the needs of the child are met.
- Facilitate regular supervision with your staff team
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual archiving processes in line with company policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that parents requesting session changes and extra session fill in correct paperwork and pass to the office.
- Take responsibility for maintaining accurate child records on a daily basis, and ensure information is current and up to date.
- Ensure daily administrative tasks are completed by staff and that accurate information is passed to parents.
- Natural affinity to children
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to build relationships with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Caring nature and energetic
- Willing to learn and progress further in knowledge
- Former experience working in a childcare environment e.g. day nursery/after school club/school
- Knowledge of OFSTED, EYFS and other relevant childcare policies and programs
- Knowledge of safeguarding and the role of a DSL
- Paediatric first aid certificate
- Food hygiene certificate
- Current Level 4 Safeguarding training certificate