Location: Titchfield, PO14 4LN
Salary range: £8.72 - £9.53 (depending on age and experience)
Hours: 20 hours per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension, 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays and 1 day off for birthday
Reports to: Nursery Manager
- The housekeeper will be responsible for maintaining the highest possible standard of cleanliness of a children’s day nursery which provides care for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
- Work in partnership with the Manager, Deputy Manager and Third in charge to ensure the cleanliness of the nursery.
- Adhere to company Policies and Procedures.
- Work in compliance with COSHH regulations, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards.
- Implement the company Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure chemicals, cleaning agents and cleaning utensils which may be a danger to children, staff and visitors are locked away following use.
- Maintain organised and tidy store areas for chemicals and cleaning equipment.
- To work to the very highest standard of workmanship.
- To work with limited supervision.
- Follow the cleaning schedule, working alongside the nursery management team to ensure the nursery is cleaned and presented to the highest standard.
- Report any maintenance issues directly to the Nursery Manager.
- Wear the appropriate health and safety protective clothing when handling any chemical product.
- Follow the COSHH data sheets in relation to the handling of any chemical product.
- Remain aware and observant of all the health and safety issues in the nursery and where possible reducing the risk of an accident occurring through preventative actions.
- Maintain the safety of yourself and others by ensuring all cleaning equipment being used offers no health and safety risks from slips, trips and falls.
- Provide a positive role model to the staff team
- Attend regular staff meetings where deemed appropriate.
- Attend regular internal and external training.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work to identified timelines and strict timetable
- The desire to take pride in ‘job well done’
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Natural affinity to children
- Reliable and trustworthy