Level 3 Practitioner
Level 3 Practitioner
Location: Portswood, SO17 1DP
Salary Range: £20,176 - £20,384 (depending upon experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week (Between 7.30am and 6.30pm)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Qualifications required: Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
Benefits: Pension, 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays and 1 day off for birthday
- To work as a member of the Hopscotch team providing the highest quality care for children encouraging and supporting their all-round development working within all operational and legislative standards and guidelines.
- Have an awareness of Child Protection, Safeguarding and being able to report any concerns
- Practitioners have a duty of care to children and have responsibility to flag concerns
- Practitioners will be part of regular supervision meetings
- Practitioners must undergo a DBS Enhanced check and we will require all staff to sign up for the DBS Update Service
- To lead the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum to all children by supporting and promoting children’s early education and development
- Ensure that all children attending the nursery receive the very highest standard of care, learning and play opportunities which are age and developmentally appropriate, enabling a smooth transition to school and beyond
- Act as an ambassador for the safeguarding, health, safety and welfare of children, ensuring all legislation and policies are known, complied with and implemented
- Participate as a key person where appointed, observing, assessing and planning each child’s development, next steps and individual needs, taking specific interest in key children
- Be able to fully understand the procedure for reporting any concerns to management.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Attend relevant courses and training.
- Work to all legislative standards and guidelines coaching any Level 2 Practitioners.
- Work alongside colleagues, early years professionals and parents to ensure the wellbeing of all children and support children with special educational needs/disabilities
- Assist senior team members and colleagues with planning activities appropriate for the age group, following all supporting guidelines as laid out in the EYFS.
- Assist in the care, maintenance and cleaning of all toys and equipment within the nursery, recording and reporting any maintenance or safety issues/irregularities.
- Be a responsible, reliable and effective member of staff working flexibly as part of the team.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with parents/guardians in regard to their child’s development encouraging active participation and interest in their child’s continual development and progress.
- Provide an appealing, creative and stimulating room and environment
- Ensure all company forms and procedures are filled out correctly
- Be familiar with and work within all company policies and procedures and report any breach in procedure
- Take responsibility for your own personal awareness of all emergency and security procedures, drop of and collection policies.
- Work to the highest standard of cleanliness in all areas of the nursery paying particular attention to the nappy changing, food service and sleep areas
- Liaise with the catering team in the delivery of meals and snacks for the children, including those with special diets and allergies
- Ensure the highest levels of your own personal hygiene and to the cleanliness of the children
- Attend all staff meetings as required
- Participate in the company’s appraisal scheme establishing and working to a Personal Development Plan
- Participate in all internal and external training/coaching courses as and when identified.
- Participate in the company mentoring scheme.
- Knowledge of OFSTED, EYFS and other relevant childcare policies and programs
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding and the role of a DSL
- Natural affinity to children
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to build relationships with others
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Caring nature
- Willing to learn and progress further in knowledge
- Former experience working in a childcare environment e.g. day nursery/after school club/school
- Paediatric First Aid trained
- Mentoring in a childcare environment