Finance & Payroll Assistant
Finance & Payroll Assistant
Location: Head Office, Fareham PO14 1JE
Salary Range: £22,000 - £27,000 (depending upon experience qualification, etc.)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 1 day off for birthday
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Responsible for processing and reconciling of the monthly payroll for all nursery setting employees
- Supporting the finance team with credit card & petty cash transactions
- Offering full support in all functions of the finance team
- Complete accurate and timely monthly payroll for approximately 250 employees, including the management of the NEST pension scheme.
- Create monthly spreadsheets and tools for nursery managers to input payroll data for completion.
- Liaise with nursery managers on monthly data reported and check all entries match forms provided.
- Maintain changes to data using information given by HR, employees or via payroll email inbox.
- Generate specific reports using payroll information for internal reporting purposes as required.
- Keep up to date with relevant payroll legislation/regulation and other related issues.
- Management and reporting related to company PAYE Settlement Agreements.
- Cultivate and maintain an effective working relationship with the HR team and nursery managers to ensure all relevant documentation is provided as part of the monthly payroll process so as to ensure payments, deductions or any other allowances are accurate and up to date.
- Completion of monthly payroll control reconciliations, ensuring all errors are investigated and satisfactorily resolved.
- Collating credit card receipts and reconciling these against credit card statements.
- CIPP desirable but not essential.
- Payroll experience, preferably with Sage 50 Payroll.
- Knowledge of employment and HMRC legislation and regulations, including RTI.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to understand priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective relationships with colleagues.
- Ensure all relevant data protection, employment law and regulations, and best practice are followed throughout the payroll process.
- Strong GCSE’s in Maths and English
- A positive “can do” and flexible attitude
- Excellent administration skills
- Knowledge and experience of and ability to use MS Office packages, particularly Excel
- Good eye for detail and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work effectively within a small team environment
- Staff have a duty of care to children and have responsibility to flag concerns and will be part of regular supervision meetings.
- Staff must undergo a DBS Enhanced check and we will require all staff to sign up for the DBS Update Service